7.19.2010

My prayers for my Big Boy

Sometimes you don't know what to pray over your children. It just seems like everything you do or say can't possibly cover everything that they will face. Luckily, I don't have to be everything to my son. That is what God is for. There are going to be things in his life that leave wounds and holes and will leave him incomplete. But it is not my job to try to be his completeness. My job is to point him towards the source of completeness-- God. And to help me remember what my job is, I listen to this song on repeat at least 10x/week. Honestly ...



"Baby, I'm afraid you're a lot like me.
You can't help feeling everything.

I can see you trying to hold it in.
I see your eyes and your trembling chin.

And for you and myself I will pray -
that our weakness becomes our strength.

Baby, there's some holes you just can't fill ...
You try and try, but you never will!

Baby, I believe a God who can!
He loves the boy and He'll love the man!

and for you and myself I will pray
that our weakness will become our strength."


Sara Groves
Song: A Lot Like Me
Album: Station Wagon

No comments: