I just completed Week 7, Day 2 of Couch to 5k.
Not gonna lie ... I am pretty proud of myself.
(Especially since the mercury sits at about 80 degrees -- even after the sun goes down or is about to come up.)
Which is why Hebrews 12 inspired me so much today:
"... get rid of everything that slows us down, especially sin that distracts us. We must run the race that lies ahead of us and never give up. We must focus on JESUS, the source and goal of our faith ..."
I have had this one sin/struggle in my life for almost a decade ... or longer ... and I am just sick of it.
I was talking to God about it (yet again) while running this morning, and He just popped this verse into my head. And then, in good God fashion, my devotions for today were based on Hebrews 12.
I sat there at lunch, eating my salad in disbelief as the words were laid out before me.
So extremely encouraging and so extremely amazing ...
2 comments:
Oh, I love this! It's so funny, I was praying for removal of pride and ego awhile back, and God blessed me with a great opportunity for humility, lol, it sucked while I was in it (and still sucks), but He sure does know what he's doing!
I have learned to not pray for humility or patience ... =)
Post a Comment