3.14.2013

You Can Have It All

MTM and I were driving in the car.
I was sipping a latte and he was nibbling on a doughnut.

"Can I have some of your doughnut?" I asked.
"Here you go, Mommy! You can have all of this piece."

I looked at my piece and smiled.
It was a little more than one bite.

God nudged me.
"That's how I look at you sometimes."
I nodded in agreement.

There we sit with a huge doughnut --
that God bought for us.
Because he loves us.

He asks us for some.
We give him one bite ... or maybe a bit more.
We think we are being awesome.
We think we are wowing him.

He sees how much we have been given --
and how much we give back to him.

And, not that I needed it -- but how cool would it have been if MTM would have offered the WHOLE doughnut?
I, obviously, wouldn't have taken it all.
But - just the willingness would have been enough.

In the next moment, I looked back at MTM.
He was smiling so sweetly at me.
Intently watching me enjoy my bite.
I knew he had the best of intentions when he gave.
He really was giving his best.

God also nudged me in that moment that he knows our hearts.
He knows we are mere children.

He knows that when we offer that one bite - being sincere
(like MTM's sweet smile truly was),
the offering is still acceptable and accepted.

But how pleased would God be if we offered him everything?
Not that he would ever take it --
But - I bet that just our willingness would be more than enough for Him.

No comments: