5.16.2012
The Birds and the Bees ... ALREADY?!??
The funny thing about kids is that they go through stages -- the "What is that?" stage, followed by the "Why is that?" stage and then the dreaded "How does that ....?" stage. MTM sailed right past the "WHY?" stage and is deeply entrenched in the "HOW?" stage.
The past few weeks, B and I have started to realize that MTM is going to be one curious fellow who just might end up asking us some SERIOUS questions sooner than we had planned.
A few weeks ago, we were chilling before bed and talking about a friend who had recently had a baby. We were getting ready to visit them and I was explaining to M that it was the same friend who had been here recently - only this time, the baby would be OUTSIDE her belly. The conversation that followed when like this:
M: "How do babies get out of the tummies?"
Me: "Well, when it's time, God makes it so they can come out."
M: "MOMMY!!! I said HOW!!!"
Me: "Ummmm ..." (pause and thinking about how to word this correctly) "They ... come out from inside the Mommy's tummy."
M: "BUT MOMMY!!!!! I SAIIIID ... HOOOOWWWW!!!!"
Me: "Well (deep breath) They come out a Mommy's bottom."
M: "THEY COME OUT WITH THE POOP?!??"
So I had to explain in plain terms a very BASIC lesson on where they come out.
I was just waiting for the "But HOW did the baby get in there?" question and breathed a sigh of relief when he asked me to read him a book after my brief explanation.
A couple weeks later, we had another baby conversation.
MTM has ALWAYS told B and I that we would have 2 more kids (a boy and a girl) and 1 more baby. But a couple days after the conversation mentioned above, I was getting M ready for bed and he looked at me very solemnly.
In a really sad voice he said, "Jesus told me we weren't going to have lots more babies. Only one. And it's going to be a girl."
I told him that was AWESOME! Having one more baby would be so exciting and the fact he could have a little sister would be so much fun.
He just looked down and said,"But I wanted 3 more kids ... not only ONE!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment