I read this book by John Eldridge awhile back ... more like years back. It was called "The Sacred Romance". It changed my life.
One of the chapters addressed how things happen to you in your life and they are like an arrow that shoots into your soul - creating a wound.
And then it seems like once you have this, any hurts that happen to you will continue to deepen this original wound until you have a very deep, painful wound that a lot of your hurts can be traced back to.
I have one of those arrows wounds.
And boy oh boy, just when I thought that this wound had been dealt with and healed and moved on from ... I realize I was wrong.
It is back with a vengeance - strangely brought on by a vacation in paradise and a post vacation meal of Orange Chicken.
But I know that this time around this is just a wound.
I won't be downtrodden.
I will choose to RISE!
"Rise"
[Chorus]
Yes I will rise
Out of these ashes rise
From this trouble I have found
And this rubble on the ground
I will rise
Cause He Who is in me
Is greater than I will ever be
And I will rise
Sometimes my heart is on the ground
And hope is nowhere to be found
Love is a figment I once knew
And yet I hold on to what I know is true
[Chorus]
Yes I will rise
Out of these ashes rise
From this trouble I have found
And this rubble on the ground
I will rise
Cause He Who is in me
Is greater than I will ever be
And I will rise
Well I keep on coming to this place
That I don't know quite how to face
So I lay down my life in hopes to die
That somehow I might rise
[Chorus]
Yes I will rise
Out of these ashes rise
From this trouble I have found
And this rubble on the ground
I will rise
Cause He Who is in me
Is greater than I will ever be
And I will rise
Thank you Shawn McDonald for some lyrics to cling to.
Especially on vacation and in the midst of my Orange Chicken meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment