So I know this is about a week late ... but these days, it is better late than never.
Christmas Eve was so special this year. We went to church, Brad made his famous Shrimp 'N Grits for dinner and we were geared up for homemade cinnamon rolls and egg casserole in the morning. He had opened up his pre-Christmas present - Monkey Christmas Pajamas - and was settling in for his night's sleep.
While he was getting ready for bed though, he looked over at Brad and I in all seriousness and said:
"OH! I need to get my boots out by my door so when I hear the Polar Express, I can just put them on."
10 minutes later:
"Daddy? Can I wear these socks with my boots?"
5 minutes later:
"I can just wear these pajamas on the Polar Express. Everyone else will be wearing them too."
And this was his Christmas Eve prayer:
"God, I love you.
Please let Santa come and bring presents.
Please let me hear the Polar Express.
Please make it snow.
I love you.
Amen."
We knew that putting presents under the tree was going to happen.
We had already told him that snow was not going to happen -- even in Michigan! The only thing that truly broke my heart was the Polar Express thing. Luckily, Aunt Nanu had the brilliant idea to write a letter to him from the P.E. people explaining that the train was not working this year and that they had left him an electric train instead. (which was already going to be set out under the tree). Christmas morning, Brad and I heard him rustling around upstairs and so Brad hurried out to the living room, turned on the tree and the train. Then he ran back to our room to wait for MTM to come back down.
M burst through the door:
"MOMMY!!! DADDY!!! SANTA BROUGHT PRESENTS!!! AND A CHOO CHOO TRAIN!!!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment