7.02.2010

Happy 4th PEEPS!!!

Soo... I love 4th of July ... I mean love, Love, LOVE IT!!!!!

Love it beyond New Year's Day and Mother's Day and Easter and Thanksgiving and Christmas and every other holiday in between. It's my favorite!

Fav-OH-rite!!!!!

And I know it's to celebrate America's freedom from tyranny. And I'm not saying that I'm not patriotic, but the reason behind the holiday is not why I am so enthralled with it.

Fourth Of July is intriguing and magical and mesmerizing for all of it's own reasons.

Most of the time, I recall being on the shore of a lake, holding a charcoal-grilled bratwurst as the magic of the fireworks reverberates thru every hair follicle. Looking over to see friends and family cuddle under blankets and share laughs. It seems so sacred, so untouchable, so ... unexplainable.

Which is why, THIS year-- THIS July THEE Fourth in the year Twenty-Ten, I will FINALLY get to bring an adorable and amazing, sweet little boy -- with sun kissed cheeks, chubby little fingers, and hair that still smells like chlorine-- and introduce him to the intriguing, magical and mesmerizing display that is 4th Of July!

I am so excited and happy people ... I am not even kidding.

Happy 4th to all of you! May you enjoy the holiday for whatever it means to you ....

No comments: