2.04.2017

Worth the Wait

Every day this week, my Timehop app has put pictures from 2 years ago today directly before me.
And each day, I sit in utter disbelief at how unknowing I was.
We had no idea how much our lives would change, in just a few short days.

The waiting for baby #2 wasn't as painful and achingly void as waiting for baby #1.
But, there was still pain.

And even though I can't see it on my perfectly poised Social Media pictures.
I know, that it was there,
Right below the surface.

Waiting for something to happen takes its toll on even the most
stalwart of a believer.
The constant battle with disbelief,
the whispered utterance of seemingly unanswered prayers,
the need for positive talking and thinking,
the answering of questions by others who just don't know,
and the struggle of keeping a keen perspective on
who
God
is.

We waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And on Friday, the 13th,
at 13 minutes to midnight,
in our 13th year of marriage,
our miracle was born.
13 hours later,
we received a phone call.

I scribbled the words on a piece of paper,
so my husband could see,
"baby boy -
born last night -
healthy!"

3 hours later,
I looked into this sweet baby's face and knew,
he was our son.

That night, we rushed around and pulled things from the attic.
Onesies and crib sheets.
Blankets and bottles.
We assembled a crib.
We dashed to Sam's for
diapers,
wipes, and
formula.

48 hours after the phone call,
we brought him home.
We were waiting no more.

Women who have birthed children tell me
that once they look into their sweet baby's face,
they forget all the pain.
So it is with me.

I would wait every day over again --
in a heartbeat --
to have CTC in our lives.
He came at the PERFECT time for our family.

So, I want to encourage those who are still waiting.

Waiting for something to happen takes its toll on even the most
stalwart of a believer.
The constant battle with disbelief,
the whispered utterance of seemingly unanswered prayers,
the need for positive talking and thinking,
the answering of questions by others who just don't know,
and the struggle of keeping a keen perspective on
who
God
is.

But -- do not let it change who you know God is.
He hears you.
He acknowledges you.
He is moving.
Though slower than we would like,
and at times in unexpectedly different ways.
But God is
who He has always been,
and will continue to be.

His plan is
always
worth
the wait.

No comments: