So I haven't put anything on here in awhile.
I think once I started Grad School -- any creativity I needed to let out in a constant and steady stream,
was forcibly
squeezed into making any projects and papers
sound like they weren't written by a
super exhausted teacher/mom/wife
who was piecing them together
after 10 pm.
But this year deserves a punctuation at the end.
It deserves some recognition.
This was (by far) my most amazing year to date.
Right behind 2007.
This isn't going to be a super cute post -- or even clever one.
It will remain here as an Ebenezer of what GOD has done!
I don't want to forget that in 2015 ...
Each month brought some piece of God's grace.
A PROMISE coming into reality.
A shaking of head and almost disbelief that yet another good thing was really happening.
JANUARY:
MTM decided to truly and wholly commit his Heart to the Lord.
This unexpected event happened on a random Sunday Evening while I was hanging laundry in his closet.
We had an hour long discussion about the tabernacle, the old covenant, the new covenant, WHY Jesus' blood is different,
and a host of other deep Spiritual truths.
Once he had his answers, he prayed.
And since then -- he has truly been a new creation.
FEBRUARY:
THEE Valentine's Day phone call that there was a baby boy awaiting us at the hospital.
The first time I held him in my arms, I fell in love.
The first time I held him, I knew his name.
The first time I held him, I knew his place was with our family.
And in exactly 48 hours from the first phone call, he was in our home with us.
My brain was a scrambled egg -- but my heart and spirit was never so sure of something.
CTC entered our family.
MARCH:
The Lacy Family became an official Family of 4.
Life has never been the same.
How Sweet it is!
I have eaten my share of Chocolate this year to remind myself of God's sweetness.
APRIL:
Brizzle started interviewing for his replacement so he could move into a new position!
I started applying for new jobs to become a School Library Media Specialist!
We both were searching and knew that we were ready for the next step in our careers.
MAY:
Brizzle officially transitioned to his new position.
He finally came into his own.
It reminded me of the the moment where Joseph takes his rightful place in Pharoh's palace.
I could have never imagined how God would work this journey out for Brizzle.
There have been so many times that I didn't know how it would all pan out.
But it did.
And God has used Brizzle in so many ways.
ALSO: I celebrated my Teacher of the Year nomination at a fancy shmancy banquet.
And got a plaque.
And got a new dress.
And red shoes.
JUNE:
I interviewed and accepted a position as a new School Library Media Specialist.
All of the hard work had paid off.
New Job.
New Opportunity!
I had never been so shocked and excited about a job in my ENTIRE life!
JULY:
MTM's well that he raised over $1,100 for was installed in Guatemala.
Our family went on a 2-week long vacay.
1 week in Michigan.
1 week in Vegas/Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon/Phoenix.
AUGUST:
MTM was accepted into the school that we had been on the waiting list for awhile.
It is one of the best schools in the area.
And it's Christ-based.
Even better.
SEPTEMBER:
My niece (miracle baby #3 for my brother/sis-in-law) was born!
OCTOBER:
CTC was accepted into the daycare that is a part of MTM's school! Easier pick-up and drop-off!
This also gives us the opportunity to put him directly into Kindergarten with no wait!!!
NOVEMBER:
I passed the Exam needed to maintain the position at my new school media center!
This lets me keep doing what I am doing and allows me to get paid more for the position! HOTCHA!!!
DECEMBER:
I graduated with a 4.0 and a Master's Degree!
Something I never thought I would get/knew I wanted!
And that pretty much summed it up.
It's truly a testament and Ebenezer to God's faithfulness in my life
-- even when I was faithless about some of these items.
God's good. Even when we aren't.
God's faithful. Even when we lose faith.
His plans will happen.
His hands will work things out.
He is amazing.
He is astonishing.
I am so glad He is my God.
My father.
My everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment