I am in a dark forest.
Still on a small, dirt path.
Large pine trees tower overhead.
Wild animals chatter.
Sticks crackle under my feet.
Briars scrape across my skin.
Darkness encloses around me.
I can see a few feet around me.
I am alone.
And I wonder ...
Will this ever end?
Am I lost?
I don't know if this is the right way.
How can this be the right way?
Doubt settles in.
I can't see the light.
I can't see the way.
I feel lost.
I feel alone.
I feel like I won't ever make it out.
I will forever be in this dark
Forest of Doubt.
Days go by.
I look ahead.
I think I see a sliver of light,
Shining onto the path.
It is!
It is a lone ray of beautiful and majestic sunlight.
A ray of hope that spreads across the path ahead.
And I remember that He is with me ...
This will end.
I am not lost.
This is the right way.
I am not alone.
I will make it out of this
Forest of Doubt.
Beyond the Forest of Doubt lies the Meadow of Hope.
The Meadow of Hope reaches towards the Mountain of Realized Promises.
If I get through this doubt,
if I hold on and walk with hope,
I can reach my Promise.
My promise!
So, even though I am still in this dark forest, and
still on a small, dirt path with
large pine trees overhead and
wild animal chatter and
sticks crackling and
briars scraping and
darkness all around me.
I have hope.
A small, sliver from a lone ray of sunlight on my path.
I trust what lies ahead.
This is not the end.
I am not lost.
This is the right way.
I am not alone.
I WILL make it out of this
Forest of Doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment