The sun pulls its super long rays
slowly across the lawn
Well past its normal bedtime.
Long after the boy has been tucked away in his bed
With fresh washed hair
A chapter or two read
Blessings and prayers and "Love You"s said.
The insects and birds still sing.
The nighttime hush and soft black quiet
Are kept at bay for just a few extra moments.
And I feel God here.
In this quiet pause before the
Summer beginnings.
Today is a new beginning.
A new season.
A time of change.
Not only in the physical realm -
But in my actual life.
So many things changed today-
On this day of new beginnings-
It is hard to wrap my head around it.
But I pause - and thank God.
He is the author of new beginnings,
New seasons,
New life.
And my heart's cry yearns continuously-
"Lord, I belong to You!
Forever, I belong to You!"
To Him all blessings Flow.
In this Summer season, let my heart never forget that.
No comments:
Post a Comment