My favorite time of night is right before dinner when the sun is lower in the sky and casting all kinds of beautiful sunbeams into my kitchen nook.
The blinds tilt the light shafts and there are always a few rows of warmth crawling across my kitchen floor -- reaching for something.
Most nights, this is when we choose to sit down for dinner. And most nights, I close the blinds so that one of us is not blinded by the brightness. But tonight, for whatever reason, I did not close the blinds.
When I looked across the table at my little man - (who had just said: "What's for dinner? FISH?!? OOOOOOH!!! I LIKE fish! But I'm gonna call it chicken nuggets tonight, okay?") - the light was perfectly dancing across his silky black hair, causing his hazel eyes to sparkle in the dazzling light, and showcasing his sweetly soft skin. In that moment, he looked across the table and gave me a small, yet totally genuine smile.
It made me thank God for the sunlight and for M. Thankful that I can be his Mommy. Thankful that I have moments where I still look at him with wonder - even after the "trainable twos". Thankful that he is so sweet. Thankful that I can share these moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment