I was reminded last night that God really loves us ...
For some reason, it is hard for me to accept that sometimes. I think it's because I am kinda a perfectionist and all I can see is how FAR I need to go yet. But realizing that God loves us beyond what we do/don't do for Him is kinda far-reaching for my brain sometimes.
I just asked God to show me how much He loved me. I just wanted to have a glimpse of it. As I was talking to Him, I just received this picture of MTM sleeping in his bed and me standing there watching him. It's one of those things as a Mommy that I love to do -- nightly!
Some nights I creep into his bedroom and sit on the floor and just listen to him sleep. Some nights I simply kiss his sweet cheek and breathe deeply to smell his sweetness. Other nights, I sweep the hair off his forehead and whisper "Do you KNOW how much I love you?". Some nights he lays there in peaceful oblivion when I ask that question. Other nights, he half-awakes and nods his head "yes". Which always makes me laugh inside, because the kid has NO idea how much I love him. How much I would do for him. How long I have loved him. What I would be willing to do for him with no questions asked, nothing expected in return.
It hit me like a ton of bricks. How much MORE does God love me? More than I could ever even begin to love MTM. He stands over us and watches us sleep. He breathes in our sweetness. He wipes the days worries off of our forehead and asks us, "Do you even KNOW how much I love you?" and sometimes we are oblivious to His question and other times, we respond with a sleepy nod that makes God smile too.
I let the whole image wash over me. I received the idea of God's love. It made me understand Him more and made me appreciate Him more and made me realize that I truly can never understand His love for me ... But I know He does. And yesterday, that is just what I needed ...
38I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love--not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, 39and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Romans 8:38-39
(Contemporary English Version)
No comments:
Post a Comment